Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops and /or reviews customer requirements
- Responsible for researching and implementing best practices for testing/ fielding methods and materials.
- Assures system and product quality by designing or implementing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains compliance with government regulations and standards.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special services.
- Maintains system and product information Completes projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline.
Relevant Experience :
- A minimum of 2 years of acquisition experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Possess the skills associated with mechanical engineering. This includes experience with engineering tools such as AutoCad, Pro-Engineer, Labview, Simulink, and MatLab.